Social media seems to go crazy for the start of the fall season. If you want more engagement on your business’ social media pages, autumn-themed posts can be a great way to help your target audience connect with your company’s personality. Here are some October social media content ideas to help you beef up your post calendar this month!
Use these lesser-known holidays for promotions, contests, or simple entertaining posts. We’ve also included some post ideas to help inspire you:
- 10/1 International Coffee Day – Free coffee with a purchase promotion
- 10/5 World Teachers Day – A post honoring and thanking local teachers
- 10/14 National Dessert Day – Order dessert for your employees and post a photo
- 10/16 Boss’s Day – Showcase your company’s management team with photos and quotes
- 10/29 Internet Day – Run a discount promotion for online orders
Halloween is one of the biggest money-maker holidays. Use it to make your October social media content entertaining and relatable.
- Weekly “movie night” posts – Post about your favorite Halloween-themed movies once per week, and ask followers to comment their favorite Halloween movies. This helps your followers associate your brand with something they already know and love.
- Employee costume contest – Social media posts that spotlight your employees help your followers grow fond of your company and build trust. Posting photos from an employee Halloween costume contest is a great way to get your followers to connect with your brand’s personality.
- Hold a social media exclusive pumpkin carving contest and reward the follower who posts the best pumpkin.
- National Work From Home Week 10/1-10/5
- Customer Service Week: 10/1-10/5
- National Walk Your Dog Week: 10/1-10/7
- Universal Children’s Week: 10/1-10/7
- Great Books Week: 10/7-10/13
- National Business Women’s Week: 10/14-10/20
Consider these ideas: Ask your followers for feedback on their experiences with your company in honor of Customer Service Week. Show off photos of any employee dogs for Walk Your Dog Week. Share your favorite titles for Great Books Week, especially if you can think of books that relate to your business/audience. Profile the women of your business for National Business Women’s Week.
Month of October National Observations
- International Strategic Planning Month
- Fair Trade Month
- Financial Planning Month
- National Stop Bullying Month
- National Book Month
- Apple Month
- Adopt A Dog Month
- Share autumn-themed recipes or ideas for fall activities
- Post support for your home football or basketball team
- Post photos of local foliage
Use these ideas to beef up your October social media content calendar, engage your audience, and build a brand identity that people can connect with!
Thanks for reading, we hope this article was useful and informative. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more updates and marketing tips! If you ever have a marketing-related question or want a comprehensive analysis of your business’ marketing strategy, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-992-9663. You can also find more information about our services on our website. Get in touch with us and find out how we can help you grow your business!